Monday, November 14, 2011

CD TIMEEEE

Having a CD or an album with your songs, your name, your face on it. It's all such a dream for an artist or anyone really!  I have dreamed of seeing my face on a CD with something I am very proud to say "Hey I wrote those songs and hey this is my music!!!! :]"

I worked on this creation this summer in Nashville, TN -  another dream.  I mean, how many people get to say they have made a CD in Nashville???  Not only that, but to get to have AMAZING musicians like TAYLOR SWIFT'S DRUMMER and TWO OF KENNY CHESNEY'S GUITAR PLAYERS!!  I'm so blessed really.  The whole process was so much fun.

I had spent the whole year writing songs with so many great co-writers that make me smile with all of their passion and creativity and it was finally time to go through all of these songs and make the hard choice of what would make it onto the CD.  With so many songs I loved, it really was such a hard process.  I'm very happy with what I chose and the variety it contains.  I'm not just a one-sided person and my personality has depth and many sides.  For example, there's track one, "May Be Love," which is up-beat and dance-like (haha) then it switches completely with track two, "You Lie Pretty," a story of a girl who can't get away from an unhealthy love.  I'm proud of that variety and hope that it makes it easier for a wider audience to relate and for it to affect all types of people in all types of situations.

The album is entitled "Find Yourself" and, on the inside cover, you'll see a note from me about what all that means.  I'm 17, and being that age and growing up you do look for who you really are and hopefully you can find that.  The situations I've written about in this CD are what helped shape me and find just that, who I really am.  I hope so badly that you will want to be a part of my stories and that they can get you out of a time that has trapped you or give you hope that you will fall in love or just live a life to make a change.

You can find clips as well as buy the CD or downloads on my website at katybishop.com, iTunes, CD Baby, Amazon, any music site, pretty much!!!!  Thank you all for your time and support :]]]  -Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment