Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ST. JUDE FUNDRAISER

Hey! How are you today? I'm starting to get back to normal from my illness last week, but really I have nothing to complain about at all. I know cancer has affected almost everyone's lives in some way, whether it be you yourself, a friend or a family member. I've had a number of people around me affected and you never know why it happens. St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is an amazing place so close to us and I want to do all I can to help.

A few stories come to my mind.  One is about Hayden Padgett, a nine-year-old boy who I grew up with.  Hayden passed away recently but, even with this terrible illness, he was such an inspiration to the community of Mountain Home, Arkansas and to people he had never even met.  My mom and I went to St. Jude to spend time with him and his family, who we love, and they had so many activities for the kids that I was impressed for sure. I may have had more fun than they did even playing bingo!

Also Ben Sherman, in our Jonesboro community, went through treatments there.  I'm sure you may know him or similar stories that are close to your heart.

With all St. Jude does for families, I want to be able to contribute as much as I can no matter how big or small it may be and I hope you do too.  That's why, during the month of February, for every CD or Download Card that you purchase from my website (www.katybishop.com), I will donate $1.00 ($2.00 for combo packs) to St. Jude.  If you already have my CD's, buy some for friends.  Or, there's a 'Donate' button at the bottom of my sales page for you to make a cash donation to St. Jude.

You can also help by checking out my Facebook event page for the donation campaign and inviting all of your Facebook friends to participate.  Click here to go there.

So lets try to spread the word and raise all we can for St. Jude!!!  It would mean so much to me and the children that St. Jude helps every day and I know we can do it!!! Thank you so much for the help!!! Spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, anywhere!

Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment